Monday

I Prefer


It's Morning, Jesus



I woke up this morning
And "my soul is longing and yearning."
Before coffee
Before breaking the fast
Before laughter and noise
Before news and a new day
I just want to be with you.
"My heart and soul ring out their joy
to God, the living God."
I'm glad to be alive
I'm glad to greet the dawn
I'm glad I get to live today!
"They are happy who dwell with you
They are happy whose strength is in you
They are happy whose hearts are roads to you
As they go through the Bitter Valley
They make it a place of springs."
And so I dwell with you, this morning Lord
I dwell with you before sunrise
before my girls arise
before my wife wakes up
before my cell phone rings
before my to-do list is made
And I dwell with you not for what I get from you
But for who you are
You are God
You are true majesty
You are mercy
Your are compassion
You are holy
You are forgiveness
You are truth
You are righteousness
You are light.
"Lord God of hosts,
happy is the man who trusts in you."
Amen



Psalm 84