Thursday

Exodus

Exodus
by Doane
It's Afternoon, Jesus
Life today has been a blur of colors
Children at Unity Elementary
Teachers on the playground
Final weekend plans at the church
Special needs on the phone
Sermons to be written
Teams to be organized
And you have been there
In and among it all
Thank you God,
For allowing me love and serve and listen
I saw the world you serve today
I saw the children you love
I heard them tell me, what you already know:
"My neighbor is selling drugs"
"I got shot with a gun"
"My friends mama has drugs and stuff in her pocket book"
"He's got three guns and his mama don't even care."
"The police can't do nothin' about it."
I pray for these children, Lord Jesus.
I ask for a Moses
To lead them out of the captivity of culture
Out of the brokenness of family
Into the promised land of opportunity
And moral and spiritual renewal.
May every teacher, be like Moses, Lord Jesus
Leading these children with a piece of chalk.
Amen