Tuesday

Hitch Hiker

It's Morning, Jesus

I want to hitch a walk with you today, Jesus,
You who are the way
I want you and your kingdom.
Thy Kingdom come, not mine
Thy will be done, not mine
On earth, as it is in heaven.

Control my tongue today and give me gentle answers
Keep me aware that you are watching over all...
That your eyes see all evil and all good
Help me press into you, Jesus
As you press into me
Help me lean into you, Jesus
Today I will slow my pace
I will look this morning into my wife's eyes,
I will listen carefully to my children's hearts
I will begin the day with you
I will drink a cup of coffee as if you are my companion
I will sip a cup of peace, a cup of patience, a cup of forgiveness,
I will receive everything in light of your providence.
Fill me Lord, with your light
That I might be light
Fill me with your love
That I might be love
Fill me with your patience
That I might be patient
Fill me with your encouragement
That I might encourage
Then in all these things I will be real, not false,
authentic, not fake
true, not in error.
Christ in me, the hope of glory
I pray today for these marriages.....
I pray today for these sick....
I pray today for these friends...
I pray today for these struggling and lost....

Amen